Monday, July 11, 2011

Perhaps...


Perhaps
this will be the evening that 
this insatiable thirst I endure for
the sound of your voice
will be quenched

Perhaps
this precious ache will subside
when at last your presence fills
this cavern inside of
my soul

Perhaps
the dam will finally give way
and I will drown in the sea of my
submission to you


Perhaps
my cheeks will flush amber
as I delight in this
pleasure and pain

Perhaps
my rather tenuous grip is released
and I plunge headfirst into
all that you are

Perhaps
resistance is futile
for I have surrendered
I am what you've made me
I am truly...

Yours,
baby girl

5 comments:

Simon Taylor said...

Absolutely beautiful baby girl !!!!!!!

Simon Taylor said...

Pure poetry... a love poem.. from a baby girl to her Daddy

baby girl said...

I am so pleased that you liked it!

Dioneo said...

Stunning poetry, baby girl! You roped me in with that first stanza and held me tight throughout!

baby girl said...

Dioneo,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the piece.

Welcome to my blog and I hope you will visit often!